Frequently Asked Questions
What are your office hours?
Our hours are Monday through Friday from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm and Saturdays from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm.
Can I schedule an appointment?
Please call our office at (912) 400-0074 to schedule a viewing with one of our friendly leasing agents!
What are your application requirements to qualify?
Jasper Village, a Next Chapter Neighborhood, requires that your gross monthly income equal three times the monthly rate of rent. In addition, a credit and criminal background check will be run.
Do you accept housing vouchers?
Jasper Village, a Next Chapter Neighborhood, is not a Voucher Program participant.
Can I have a co-signer apply with me?
We do not accept co-signers, however, there is a parental guarantee offered for full-time students. To qualify for this, you must provide proof that you are in college full-time and there is a fee of $50 charged to run the parents' credit and income to approve the application.
What fees are involved in the application process?
Jasper Village charges a $50 application fee, a $200 refundable security deposit and a $200 administrative fee. These fees need to be paid at the time an application is submitted in order for processing to begin and to reserve the home in your name. A higher deposit may be required after the application is processed, but this is a case-by-case situation based off of credit history.
Do you allow pets? What are your pet policies?
- Our neighborhood is pet-friendly.
- We require a one-time non-refundable fee of $350 for one pet or $450 for two pets.
- There is a Pet Rent of $15 per month per pet.
- There are a few restricted breeds that we cannot allow due to insurance reasons. They are as follows:
- Great Dane
- Pit Bull
- American Staffordshire Terrier
- Bull Terrier
- Siberian Husky
- Alaskan Malamute
- German Shepherd
- Mastiff (Cane Corso)
- Wolf Hybrid / Mix
How soon will I know if you have something available?
Our neighbors are required to provide a minimum 60-day notice to vacate, so our availability typically reflects around those notices.
What bills am I responsible for?
Jasper Village provides maintenance, routine pest control, and lawncare. Neighbors are responsible for power (electricity through Georgia Power, www.georgiapower.com), water/sewer (Water service is provided through Effingham County Public Works, to establish service call (912) 754-8012), and any other optional utilities such as cable/internet (cable & internet provided by Comcast, www.comcast.com).
- Neighbors are also responsible for paying $20 per month for trash and $5 per month for Pest Control.
Do you offer short term leases?
We do offer short term leases. All prices listed reflect a 12-month lease. Additional fees apply to shorter terms as listed below:
- 3-5 month: additional $300 monthly
- 6-9 month: additional $50 monthly
- 10-11 month: additional $30 monthly
- MTM available at renewal: additional $300 monthly
I need to move but my lease has not expired yet. What is the process and what are the potential fees?
- If you are breaking your lease, we need a minimum notice of 60 days to vacate. This form can be obtained in the leasing office. You must pay a pro-rated amount of rent through the 60 days as well as pay a termination fee equal to one month’s rent. Early termination of a lease will result in the security deposit being forfeited. Further details are covered on the vacate notice.
- If you have received military orders to move over 50 miles away from the area we require a 30-day notice to vacate and no termination fees will apply. This is for military transfers ONLY.
How do I report a maintenance issue?
Please contact our office with any maintenance concerns that are in need of attention, or submit a maintenance request through the online resident portal, which can be found on the Residents page. We will promptly notify our maintenance staff to address your request.
How do I pay rent?
You can drop a check/money order by our office, in our leasing office dropbox, or conveniently pay your rent online.
When is rent due?
Rent is due between the 1st and the 5th of every month. After the 5th, there is a 10% late fee assessed.